For those of you just joining us, a "WTF" is a program or information technology system (this includes security policies) that has one of the following qualities:
- Totally unreadable or otherwise unmaintainable code. This is sometimes called the "job security" programming paradigm.
- Attrocious over-engineering that implies a novice understanding or unwillingness to use readily available library functions.
- Lack of documentation or, just as bad, excessive documentation. Also, horrible user interface.
- Convolution, metasolutions, failed attempts at cleverness.
- Security by obscurity or use of the Ostrich Algorithm.
More updates later, space cadets.